Monday, August 31, 2009

An Awesome Weekend!






We had a really great weekend! I just feel so blessed to have the family and friends that we have. They're a huge significant part of what makes you have an even greater appreciate in each and every day of your life. Friday I got to visit with my cousin Sara and my aunt and uncle. I don't see them very often, so it really made my day to spend some time with them. The girls wore out their uncle Steve and had a lot of fun doing so. I really think they got wore out too!






































Saturday we went fishing at Clear Lake. I was so happy Dan was able to get away for the day. He didn't get his usual week and a half vacation with us this year, so these little one day moments with him really mean so much.
It was a slow fishing day. We had a couple bites and caught one fish. The girls found a log that really bounced up and down. I caught them on it saying go horsey go! Ethan wasn't afraid to touch the bait at all! That had really surprised me. He even found a weighted fishing line with a hook on it and got creative. he tied it to a stick and threw some bait on it and spent quite a bit of time trying to fish with it. I really got a kick out of him when he'd get all excited and yell , "the fish ate the bait off!" I just love watching my kids grow and seeing their imaginations run wild. In all of the rush to get stuff packed up, I forgot to grab our dinner for Saturday night and we had to run back into Yakima to eat dinner. I really felt bad about that, saying to myself "way to go momma!" As you can see, the day of fishing really wore them out. I thought the picture of the boys sleeping was just too cute!



















Sunday we went berry picking with some really great friends. We thought it might be a little chilly, but it ended up being a very beautiful day. I thought it would be kind of cool for Chad to get a bear, but on the other hand, I was really glad we didn't actually see one! We had such a great time. The kids really enjoyed picking berries too. A majority of what the kiddos picked, ended up in their tummies and on their face! Now they're pretty excited to see what I will make for them out of some of the berries.




On Monday, our little girls started her first day of kindergarten...sniff....sniff. When the bus arrived she stood there as the boys got on and then looked over and said what do I do? Then she raced for the bus and got on. I think I cried a little more over seeing Madd stand in the doorway with her hands folded together and tears in her eyes as she watched all three of her siblings walk out the door. She will start preschool on the 8th, so hopefully that will help her get through the day with all of the other kids being gone. We'll have to do some special things together now that it's just the two of us. I think we'll visit Mimi a little more too. Maddie will think that is a really special thing to do too. Sniff...sniff...my babies are all getting too grown up.






4 comments:

Mama Mimi (Dana) said...

I hope you and Maddie visit once in awhile. I'd love it. Man these kids are all growing up so fast. Out of 11 grandkids 5 of them are in school already. It seems unreal. I am getting old. LOl

The Jernigan Family said...

Looks like great family memories. It must be weird to have just 1 at home, I think I will be more of a wreck than Sage...I will probably sit in the parking lot all day on her first day...lol...

Judawn said...

I am so jealous of all the fun you are having camping and picking berries! What a great summer you must have had. Great pictures too!

Megan :) said...

Looks like you have been busy having fun! Where do you find so many huckleberries? Hope we get to see you soon!