Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Soccer and First day of School







Yesterday was the first day of soccer. I'm so glad it has finally started. Ethan has been asking for the last month "when is soccer going to start?" I am so happy that he has found a sport he enjoys. Hayden seems to be enjoying it too. He's a little slower at running than the others, but he's going as fast as those little legs will let him! I'm hoping we'll be able to work it out so Haylee can try soccer next year too. Schedules for two different teams is a bit hard, but if someone else can help run one of them (when Dan's not available) to their game/practice, then they'll all be able to play. I know the boys are really looking forward to this season!
Today was the boys first day of school. Ethan started second grade and Hayden started first grade. They are both excited to be back in school; as is mom (especially after the rough last couple of days..lol)! I have to admit, that I kind of missed them today. After a week or so, I'll be use to the routine again. When the boys got home today and walked through the door, Maddie went running with her arms wide open for hugs saying yay, yay, yay, the boys are home! It was really cute. Haylee met her teacher today and she really likes her. When Haylee starts kindergarten on Monday, Maddie is going to be lost being without her brothers and sister all day. We got her set up to start preschool (the best preschool around I may add! :)) next month. She is pretty excited to be going. Makes her feel like she's a big kid too!



1 comment:

Mama Mimi (Dana) said...

the boys both look so handsome in their new school clothes. boy, maddie is going to be lonely isn't she. She'll have to come visit Mimi once in awhile and keep me company too. Let me know when the soccer games are. I'll try to make it to some of them.