The kids and I spent a little over a week at Ocean shores with my mom and dad. My granma and Granpa came over for a couple days too. My cousin Annie also came out to visit one day. We had tons of fun! There were a couple rainy days, but other than that the weather was pretty good. The first night there it rained cats and dogs! The next day I bought a huge tarp to cover our tent to try and keep the moisture out. It worked! However, we still had a lake under the tent, but we lived! Now the raccoons on the other hand really kind of freaked me out. They stand there staring at you and pawing at the ground. So you're not quite sure whether they are trying to warn you to back off or getting ready to charge at you! They definitely don't feel as though they need to run away. The dumb things wouldn't stay away from our tent! I would stay awake awhile at night listening to them outside the tent and wishing Dan was there to chase them off! The kids had so much fun playing on the beach, playgrounds and the lot.


We tried roasting weenies, but the fire was putting out so much heat that the kids were getting their faces burnt off! It was even too hot for me!
3 comments:
Heidi ~ I love you pictures. What a great family ~ your kids are too cute! And, I'm jealous, I want to go to the ocean!! :)
It looks like you had such a great time, and the kids, too! I have always loved the beach. Wish we lived closer to visit it more often. The raccoons cracked me up! We had 3 show up one late night at the RV park a couple of years ago. I heard this noise, looked out the bedroom window and they were trying to get into the dogfood. I said, "What do you think you're doing?", and they hissed at me and waddled off! I still laugh about that! It would sure be fun to get everybody together some day at the beach!
Looks like you guys had a fun trip! Sorry we couldn't get together. I can't imagine travling with out Jeramy. Racoons are cute but boy are they miscivious. Thanks for all fo the prayers...love you!
Post a Comment