Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Spring Break 2009
We had a last minute change in plans for spring break. We were suppose to go to the beach. I had everything packed and ready to go. My parents said it was raining there and it was suppose to for the rest of the week minus one day. Dan called and said if we had to spend the week couped up in the motorhome because it was raining, then why don't we go to Disneyland! I thought he was joking, but he was serious! So I unpacked everything and repacked again for southern California! Yes, we drove, I mean I drove! First day I drove 990 miles and had to stop beacuse my eyes starting crossing and playing tricks on me, but at least we only had 3 hours to drive the next morning!

Our last day there was the hottest day. It was so nice to be in warm weather.

This bugs life 3-d event was fun. Dan and I had been in it before, so we knew what to expect. It was so funny watching the kids! At one point, Haylee and Hayden flew out of their seats! That's all I can say about that, don't want to spoil it for everyone else!


I love this picture! It's like where did my kids go!!
Okay this pic is a sample of what Maddie was like pretty much the whole trip! She loved the rides and was happy and smiley, but off the rides, this is what you got! She hit, kicked, pinched, pushed, shoved and you name it, she did it!! I would have to say that under age four is probably not a good idea!
Toontown...it was always hard to find a spot to sit down and eat beacuse everything was full. So, we took advantage of this nice toontown trolley.
I am mad at myself because I had a video of Maddie dancing in the street with the parade cast and it has somehow disappeared! It would have been a great one for her to look back on someday. The cast came over and took her out into the street to dance with them. She loved that! Haylee didn't want to go! There's definately an advantage to being in the front of the sidelines for the parade!



Hayden just had to meet Tigger! It was the first thing we did. The boys didn't much like having to wait in line for the girls to meet the princesses which took almost 2 hours! A piece of advice do that first of the day!! When we met Minnie Mouse, Maddie poked her in the eye! Then when we told her she couldn't do that, she threw a fit and pouted! The kids sure met a lot of characters!
All in all, we had a great time! I was so glad we were able to do this with our kids. This age is so great too because they think everything is so real which makes it ten times better to enjoy! Now they can't wait to go again, this time with Mimi and Pappy. I also have to mention, that our son Ethan is very brave. He went on the Screamin California roller coaster with me! He loved it! I'll have to see if I can scan the picture so you all can see his face during the ride. It is quite hilarious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
LUCKY, that's all I have to say :). Can't wait to take my girls! Oh, and I love the picture of them in teh bugs life glasses lol.
Looks like ALOT of fun. I am holding out one more year then we're going!!
I have been anxiously awaiting these pictures, Heidi! I must admit seeing the pics have made me entirely jealous of you though...lol. I LOVE the picture of the Monster's Inc. guy hiding your kids...how funny! I am so glad you guys got to experience that trip...it'll be something they never forget!
Looks like you all had a great time! Wish we could be that spontaneous! Love the pictures and like Ali I must say I'm a little jealous! :)
If only we could always go to Disneyland when it rained here! It is funny because my mother in law is a Disney finatic and she was there that week too. However unlike the rest of the comments I am not jealous...I hate that place, it gives me such anxiety and I don't like rides, so I always end up holding the coats...lol...Those are some lucky kids to have such great parents!
Hi Heidi! I linked your blog from Judawns. It was great seeing you guys in Disneyland! Wasn't that so funny? I kept seeing you guys while I was waiting with Zion and Josh was taking Malakai and Silas on all the rides. Great pictures!
Post a Comment