This is today! This is a very strong kid here! Hardly any pain relievers! He is tough! He is a little limited on his attire right now since he can only wear button up shirts and elastic waist shorts and pants. I do believe he is doing much better now, considering he is drop kicking his beanie cats across the house! I would like to thank Karla, who was awesome with Hayden at the hospital, Wanda, Amy and Dana for all of your help yesterday. Thank you so much!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Our First Major Injury
Yesterday was the first major injury in our household of four kiddos. Hayden, who ran from the day he started walking, was the victim. We always figured he'd be the first! The injury you ask, well it is a broken collarbone! He was playing frisbee with a few friends at recess at school yesterday. He went after the frisbee and his friend (who will remain anonymous) tried to get to the frisbee before Hayden did and in the process pushed Hayden down in the attempt to reach it first! After the call from the school nurse, my grandma (because I was car less at the time due to it being worked on) took me to pick him up to take him to the emergency room. After a couple x-rays, it was an obvious break. I wish I had a copy of the x-ray to show all of you. Picture a draw bridge that one side got shifted over the top of the other half or a cheap homemade bike jump. That was his clavicle! As you'll notice after some pain meds, he is all smiles.


This is today! This is a very strong kid here! Hardly any pain relievers! He is tough! He is a little limited on his attire right now since he can only wear button up shirts and elastic waist shorts and pants. I do believe he is doing much better now, considering he is drop kicking his beanie cats across the house! I would like to thank Karla, who was awesome with Hayden at the hospital, Wanda, Amy and Dana for all of your help yesterday. Thank you so much!
This is today! This is a very strong kid here! Hardly any pain relievers! He is tough! He is a little limited on his attire right now since he can only wear button up shirts and elastic waist shorts and pants. I do believe he is doing much better now, considering he is drop kicking his beanie cats across the house! I would like to thank Karla, who was awesome with Hayden at the hospital, Wanda, Amy and Dana for all of your help yesterday. Thank you so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
Poor little baby! I am SO dreading that first major injury, I am sure it will be worse on me. She is starting to get her bumps and bruises now and it is FREAKING me out! I know if I go to the ER I might need some meds to. Give him lots of love and kisses and tell him I will make him a fruit salad in his kitchen for him the next time we visit!
Ouch! I've never broken a bone and have always been afraid of how much that must hurt. Poor guy!
How are you doing after all of that excitement? I'm a little scared of being a mom to a boy now. : )
Aw man, poor little guy! I remember Josh's first major injury, a broken ankle. Unfortunately, it was the first of many, lol. Hope he's doing better! Kids are so tough tho ~ Hannah broke her arm a couple days before her second birthday ~ she wore a cast for three weeks ~ got it off and was hanging on the bars the next day! lol Harder for mom to recover!!!
Poor Hayden! I'm glad he's so tough, though. It would be a lot harder if he was just laying around whining, like my kids would probably do...lol! I'm glad you had so much help yesterday. God was watching out for you guys. Get well soon, Hayden!
How many times do you ever see Hayden without a smile on his face. Even when he has a broken bone. He is the sweetest kid. I love him to death. You weren't kidding when you said he ran as soon as he could walk. You hear people using that alot but with hayden it's so true. I remember watching him and thinking "if you would just walk instead of trying to run you wouldn't fall down and bump your head." what a nut.
He was cracking me up at Chuck E Cheese's tonight. He's so scared he's going to move that arm lol, he walks so stiff! Poor kid. Hopefully he gets it healed and feels better soon!
Post a Comment