Tuesday, May 19, 2009

WOW project complete!




Yay, I'm finished! I didn't realize until after I started that I had purchased solid stain instead of clear! I think it turned out great though! It took almost two full days to weatherproof and stain this puppy! The first good day( without high winds) was Sunday with great weather and a perfect little breeze. The second day of staining was in 50 MPH winds on an 10 foot ladder! I was determined to finish this swing set so I toughed it out! I'm so proud of myself! Dan offered to help me, but I said no, that I'd like to do it myself. Are spouses allowed to help? :) I can't wait for the next WOW week. It really inspired and pushed me to get something done!


10 comments:

Mama Mimi (Dana) said...

Ok Heidi. Time to come and help your old mother-in-law now. Your yard is so nice now. I'm proud of you.

Ali said...

Looks great!

Katy said...

Looks awesome!

Emma said...

Looks great! I want it lol.

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

Looks wonderful. And I think, yes spouses can help, not that I have any authority on the matter, but that is my 2 cents worth for the next WOW. :-)

Enjoy the memories in your gorgeous back yard watching the kiddos play!

Kimberly said...

I kind of wondered about the spouse question too, because I think all my wall hangings would have been more in line if I had my husband do it for me. But I think he was glad it was not on his to-do list.

Great work, the jungle gym looks great. Your "mistake" on the stain may have been a hidden blessing, because I was really admiring the color before you mentioned you had bought something different than you intended.

The Jernigan Family said...

Good job and I am so proud of you for not falling off! It looks great. We need to do the same thing to our deck. Isn't it nice to know you have to finish because of all of the encouragement? Love ya

B.D.Riehl said...

Wow! Amazing work! I'm impressed you did that with no help...although I think spouses can help. The point is just to get it all done, right? Great job!

aknaturegirl said...

That looks amazing! I am always terrified of staining..and ladders! :-) Look great! :-)

Shiloh said...

WOW...that was quite the project. It looks brand new. You did a great job!