
This year for Thanksgiving we went to Lincoln City with my mom, dad, brother and his wife. Dan and I rented a house, which turned out to only be about one mile from my mom and dad at their hotel. I was afraid we'd be on opposite sides of town, but how lucky were we!! Our house turned out to be a great house except for two things: the Jenga game that I found my kids playing with from the closet had been turned into a game of "strip Jenga" that had stuff written on the blocks which I can NOT repeat!! Needless to say the game was immediately put away. Secondly, we had a problem with some little bugs in the downstairs kitchen and dining room which I was freaking out about and Dan says "they're just bugs, it's no big deal!" Well, I begged to differ on that!

Hayden had lost his hat my grandma had made him last year, so she made him another one, which he was very proud of. He wore that hat a lot on this trip, even indoors!


Our First trip down to the beach was thanksgiving morning. I had planned one goal for myself while on this trip and that was to find a glass float hidden on the beach. Well, I found one! I had looked and couldn't find anything and on our way back to the car, I kicked at some seaweed and caught ahold of something. To my surprise, it was a glass float! Turns out, the way I found it was rare because they do not bury them. The "float fairies" as they are called place them in the grasses or on the sand. Mine was buried in the sand and under the seaweed. When I called to register it, I was told the seaweed probably grabbed ahold of it during high tide and drug it down and into the sand!! That made it an even more special find for me! My first trip to look for a glass float and I got lucky to find one. Another guy said to me at the registration office that he'd been here for six years and had not yet found one. So thursday turned out to be my lucky day because I found the glass float and because I won $178.00 at the casino on a 5 cent machine!

It never fails, every year we go to the beach one of our kids gets knocked down by waves or swept out! Well, this time it was Haylee. There are bad sneaker waves on the beaches in Lincoln City. We're walking along and then comes a sneaker wave. Haylee landed smack on her face in the sand and water. most people would get up quickly and get out of it, but not our Haylee. She laid there on her face and Dan had to pry her up off the ground!!
4 comments:
Looks like you guys had a good time. We bailed on our trip because everyone got sick and ended up staying home. I've always wanted to find one of those glass pieces, that is so cool! Poor Hailey...lol
I'm glad you guys had such a good time, Heidi. And you are a lucky dog, aren't you? That's awesome that you found one of those things! I would have been the same way :)
Fun post, I enjoyed reading it!
Sounds like a great time! I was cracking up at the "strip Jenga" Hopefully Ethan didn't pick up any bad "lingo" from it! :) Missed you guys!
Looks like you guys had lots of fun! The beach is always a good place to go. I was laughing about the strip jenga too lol, I didn't even know they had something like that??? Glad you're back!
Post a Comment