Sunday, May 16, 2010

THE Gift!









Months ago Ethan had asked for a motorcycle. Me, as a very over protective momma wasn't too sure about the idea, but the idea just grew more and more on me and how fun it could be for the boys. So for Ethan's 8th birthday, which is next week, we got him a 50cc. We went out to my brother and sisters house and they saw it sitting in their driveway and got all excited and asked to ride it and we said sure (it had training wheels). So they took turns riding it for about an hour and a half. I told them it was time to go pick up their sisters from a birthday party and to pull the motorcycle over to the pick-up. Dan lifted it up and put it in the back and Ethan looked up at me and said "wait, we're taking it?" and I said "Happy Birthday." He looked at me with the biggest grin I have ever seen on that kids face and wandered into the pick-up in a extremely happy daze! I wish I'd had my camera ready to capture that look on his face. It was so priceless and I'll never forget that look. It just makes a mom and dads heart melt.
When we got back up on the farm, we took Ethan over to play with Charlie and he wanted to show his new motorcycle ( 'dirt bike' as the boys keep correcting me....lol) to pappy and uncle Brian. Dan took off the training wheels and they quickly picked up on how to ride it! I was so excited to see them pick it up that quickly! Charlie gave it a try and did awesome too! They all took turns for a couple hours riding it around the yard. It was funny standing out there watching them. The boys kept riding right into us and we'd jump out of the way or they'd head for an old tall tree stump in the yard! The tree stump seemed to be Hayden's target, he hit it twice! I can tell we are going to have a lot of fun riding!!

The "big kids" had to try it out too!












5 comments:

Josh Sonshine Blessed w 4 said...

How awesome is that!! I am so excited for you guys! Can't wait to get the boys together to do some riding!!

Emma said...

Lol, Chad failed to mention that he had ridden it too! Looks like fun!

The Jernigan Family said...

LOL..Jeramy can't wait to get Sage one with training wheels! I am glad to see that Scott was responsible and put a helmet on, even though his knees were to his chest..lol...I love the picture above of Scott too, he looks like a worried Pappy...how fun!

Mama Mimi (Dana) said...

Now we'll probably have to get Charlie one so they can all have great adventures together. The pictures of Dan and Pappy crack me up.

Katy said...

That is so cool! We have my old 80 that Mike is trying to get going for the kids. How much fun will that be! :) Those pictures crack me up but I have to say that the one of Dan is the best! I think it's because he looks so serious! LOL Glad you had fun and can't wait to come up with ours (if we ever get it running) and get a course set up!! :)