Saturday, April 3, 2010

Beach and Baseball

I'm sorry I've been such a bad blogger lately. There really hadn't been too much going on around here until now with Spring break, soccer and baseball seasons starting. Hopefully I'll be better able to keep up on blogging now.

During Spring break we took the kids to the beach for a couple of days. Ethan was in Palm Springs with his Mimi and Pappy, so it was just the three youngest. The Clam Festival was being held that weekend so we thought we'd go clamming the day we got there. It had been raining and windy, but we still wanted to go clamming. We get down to the beach and found it was a tough clam digging weekend. After being out there for over an hour, a guy walked over and said he does this every clam weekend and this is the worst he'd ever seen it! Then all of a sudden out of nowhere, the wind doubles in speed and we decide to leave! We had a hard time making it back to our car. The kids were actually leaned halfway over trying to make it back without the wind blowing them over!

Hayden had dropped his new yellow bucket and he chased and chased that bucket down the beach and finally gave up because the bucket was gaining twice the distance he was as he was going after it!



While we were trying to clam dig, the kids were having fun despite the wind. They were grabbing handfuls of wet sand and throwing it at each other!


It rained pretty much the whole time there, so we did some indoor activities. We took the kids bowling and they had a fun time doing that. I was doing horrible at bowling that day and Hayden came in second behind his dad! The scoreboard showed me in second, but it had messed up and thought I had knocked down the last pin for a spare and gave me another shot! Hayden just may be an all star sports kid. He seems to do great at all of them!
The kids also went swimming. They sure do love getting in the water! Hayden is really doing well at swimming. Haylee is getting braver and starting to try swimming herself!
Even though the weather was kind of crummy, we still had fun.

























There was still baseball and soccer practice during spring break. Hayden looked forward to each of those days. On Thursday, Hayden and Ethan's team (the Prosser blue team) scrimmaged the other Prosser team (the red team). It was a good way to practice before their upcoming first game of the season against Zillah. Even though it was super cold out there, it was fun to watch both teams playing! I myself am really looking forward to watching my boys play during the baseball and soccer season!







3 comments:

The Jernigan Family said...

Clamming was hard a couple weekends ago...where did you guys go? We usually go near Ocean Shores...last time we went, Jeramy bought me a pink clam gun that works really good! I out dug him that weekend! I was in full rain gear and hip boots. We are going again April 16-17 in Long Beach while Katy and Mike are over for Gracie's appointment with my parents..you guys should come if you don't have any other plans. Sometimes it is ok when you don't get clams, then you don't have to clean them..plus we don't eat them anyways, we just give them to my dad...lol..glad you guys had fun despite the icky weather...but that is pretty usual this time of year! Love you guys!

Josh Sonshine Blessed w 4 said...

Sounds so much like our spring break trip. I love the picture of Haylee she looks so cute! I am so excited that we are on the same soccer team! I wish it was the same with baseball, lol. Maybe next year! Great post! I love to visit your blog.

Mama Mimi (Dana) said...

Love the pics of the kids at the beach. I especially love the one of Hayden bowling. I think he is your little athlete. He is fearless. Looks like you all had fun despite the bad weather.