Friday, July 30, 2010

Our Busy Summer

We have had a very busy and fun summer! We've enjoyed doing many different things from going to the beach with my mother and sister in laws, BBQs, play dates, swimming, riding motorcycles, bicycle riding, basketball, soccer, fishing, movie dates, getting a new dog, weddings, camping in the yard, roasting marshmallows and fire pits, fourth of july party at Katy's, reunions, birthday parties, spending a week at grandmas and helping Dan on the farm with harvest. I know I'm forgetting some things, but we have had a great summer and it has flown by way too fast! I'm really excited to spend a few days with my mom next week and then Dan and the kids will meet up with us and we'll do some camping before bean harvest starts.

It's hard to believe school will be starting this month already, but Maddie and Haylee are really excited to go back to school! I have to say I am also excited to have a few hours to have coffee with friends and scrapbook a couple mornings a week. Maybe by the end of next year, my scrapbooks will be caught up! lol

Here's a little look into our summer so far:



The kids have eaten so much wheat out of the trucks!






This works so much better for a pool than the plastic or blow up ones!

The boys had a camp out with Charlie and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. It was the night of our first summer thunderstorms. They got up and went inside at 4:00am when the rain, thunder and lightning started. Smart boys!!



Ethan and Hayden have started racing and Hayden actually had his first flip over a couple days ago! He hopped right back up and wanted right back on. That's my boy!



















Hayden lost quite a few teeth this summer. He lost three within twelve days! One is still MIA in my car! lol














The boys have been riding their bikes non stop! Haylee I guess got tired of watching them and picked up her bike and in just a few minutes learned how to ride with out training wheels all by herself!








We got a new pup. She's 3/4 german shorthair and 1/4 chesapeak. Her name is Maggie after her mom and dad Homer and Marge. lol. She's quite the handful, like having another toddler around! lol

I built a fire pit this summer in our yard. I have to say it turned out pretty nice. The kids love roasting marshmallows!





This last picture has a bit of a funny story to it. Dan is transplanting new grass in it from what I dug out for the firepit.
Our bbq had ran out of propane so Dan lit up our charcoal bbq. He used our coleman camp fluid to start it and he thought it didn't light, so he dumped some more onto it and the entire can caught fire, apparently it was lit! lol. He gave it a quick toss off our covered front porch and into my beautiful grass! At least it burned a smiley face! LOL

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

really enjoyed catching up on you and your family via this post! You have a great family!

Josh Sonshine Blessed w 4 said...

Man makes me miss Summer already! You guys had so much fun! Can't wait till next summer so we can make some more memories!